26″ Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle Review
If you love riding bikes and enjoying diverse sceneries as you go up-and-about your daily errands, then a tricycle is what you need.
Yes a tricycle, but we aren’t talking about the one that you rode way back as a kid. Think of a full-sized adult tricycle designed to help you run your daily errands with ease or simply ride about for leisure. If it all sounds as resistible as it is, then the 26" schwinn meridian adult tricycle is what you need.
Product Overview of 26" Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle
Schwinn Meridian Adult 26-Inch 3-Wheel Bike
Black, Black Cherry, Blue, Dark Silver, Green and White
225 pounds (102 kg)
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Step Through Allowance
10.8 by 31.3 by 53.6 inches
Key Features of 26 Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle
Schwinn has a long-standing track record spanning 100+ years in delivering quality cycling solutions. They continue to do so with the highly functional Schwinn Meridian 26” Adult Tricycle.
1. Good Step Through Allowance
It is not unusual to feel self-conscious about hoping on and off a bike. Whether you are tall or a little bit short, you can comfortably ride on this bike. One thing that Schwinn have factored on this schwinn meridian 26 adult tricycle is providing a low step through the clearance.
2. Large Collapsible Basket
The 26" schwinn meridian adult tricycle comes with a large basket allowing you to accommodate your daily luggage, a week’s worth of shopping from the market or even to take your pet along for the ride! Located at the rear, the basket is collapsible enabling ease of stowing away when not in use and a dual-function as a valued picnic basket.
3. Back Swept Handlebars
The schwinn 26 meridian adult tricycle comes with backswept handlebars promoting a relaxed and upright riding posture. Upright sitting is very important to maintain good posture and protect the back from injuries.
4. Multiple Color Choices
Schwinn offers the Meridian Adult 26” Trike in 6 color choices. Buyers can choose between Black, Black Cherry, Blue, Dark Silver, Green and White colors.
To assure you that you will be nothing but content with the Schwinn Meridian Adult tricycle, it comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
6. Instructions Manual
An instructions manual is included outlining the trike assembly process.
Technical Specification of Schwinn 26 Meridian Adult Tricycle
The Schwinn 26 Meridian single-gear bike is not only a good-looking Trike, but it is designed to offer high functionality and durability. The Trike comes bundled with the following technical specifications:
This single-speed trike is designed for simplicity of use and this does not limit its performance or affect your speed while riding this bike. The fixed gear model is akin to what most traditional bikes use because comfort is the key for driving over relatively short distances.
2. Pull and Rear Brakes
Despite the guaranteed stability of the bike, every rider would like to know that they are equipped to come to a complete halt when need be. This trike is well equipped for reliable stopping with linear brakes at the front and a rear-located hand brake.
3. 26” Wheels
The Schwinn Meridian trike features 26” tires offering more speed but maintaining stability. The tires also features alloy rims that have stainless-steel spokes.
4. Lightweight Frame
Weighing in at 70 pounds, this trike is light in weight, but comes with a sturdy construction. It comes with an aluminum frame and style is not compromised with this bike featuring a sleek, stylish profile.
5. Adjustable Spring Seat
Now this is one trike that will definitely get a lot of use out of it, particularly for those long rides to the beach or just around the city. The trike comes with a large, adjustable, padded seat using spring suspension for enhanced comfort when riding for prolonged periods.
To enhance visibility at night and promote safety, the trike features reflectors on the front and rear wheels, on the mudguards and pedals.
The trike features strategically placed fenders/mud guards that offer protection to the rider from having their backs stained by loose gravel and dirty water.
Pros and Cons of Schwinn 26" Meridian Adult Tricycle
No doubt, we love schwinn 3 wheel bicycle, and most people share the same sentiments about it. However, it does come with a few challenges for some people although not that substantial to detract from its merits.
- The schwinn 3 wheel bike is a genuinely good-looking bike. This is important because most people tend to feel self-conscious when riding bicycles. If anything, this is one bike designed to fashionably offer you high function.
- Comfort is key with any mode of transportation, and this trike is designed with comfort in mind. The adjustable spring seat and backswept handlebars ensure that the rider is as comfortable as possible while riding this trike.
- The ingenious basket included offers multi-function usage by acting as a storage space as well as doubling as a picnic basket. Not to forget the large space offered and the mesh design that is perfect for taking your pet along for the ride!
- Personalization is always important for bicycle owners and the choice in colors allows this. Not everyone will want a black or white back, and Schwinn acknowledges this by providing 6 colors to choose from.
- The low step through allowance makes it easy to get on and off from this trike. With this trike popular with the elderly, but not confined to usage by adults of this age-bracket, the ease of getting on it and disembarking from it is quite useful.
- The trike features 26” wheels, which are some of the biggest right now in the tricycle market. The larger wheels also offer stability both during standing times and when riding.
- Its assembly isn’t as straightforward as you would expect and a little help is needed to put it together at home. Otherwise, you would have to get it assembled at a bicycle shop at an extra cost.
- The single speed is ultimately a limitation especially for riders who will intend to use the bike on a daily basis and over longer distances. Multi-speed/ gear variations take a portion of the effort from the user while with the single speed the user has to exert more effort to gain desired speeds.
- Some users have noted that there are some strange noises produced from the rear of this trike. However, it is often due to loose bolts that may need oiling or simply tightening.
- The back positioned fenders often rub on the tires, which may result in quicker wearing of the tires.
- It is not foldable like most other trikes that come with similar features. Its large stature means that during assembly caution should be exercised to make sure that it easily goes through doors.
Video Review of 26 inch Schwinn Meridian Adult Tricycle:
It is likely that you might still have a couple of questions about the Schwinn Meridian Adult 26-Inch 3-Wheel tricycle. Is it the right trike for you? Maybe the frequently asked questions about it can help you make the decision.
Q: Can you assemble the trike yourself?
It isn’t impossible to assemble this trike yourself, but you might need help if you are not particularly a do-it-yourself sort of person. Assembly takes anywhere between 3 to 5 hours. You could always pay a little extra to have it assembled for you at a bicycle shop.
Q:If I am 5ft or under is the 26” right for me?
The best way to figure out if the 26” is right for you, try out say a 24” and then the 26” at a bike shop. Based on comfort and ease of getting on and off you should be able to figure out if the 26” works for you.
Q:Will I be able to carry it upstairs?
The trike weighs in at 70 pounds, which is quite heavy, and it would need the combined effort of about 2 people to carry it. Given its width, it might not be able to go up a flight of stairs in the case of narrow stairways.
Q:How does it ride on uneven terrain?
The trike is best ridden on smooth terrain, meaning that it is best to ride on sidewalks and tarmacked surfaces.
Q: Can I adjust the handlebars?
Yes, the handlebars can be re-adjusted and you can personalize them by adding accessories such as a rearview mirror.
Q: Can the bike accommodate another seat; say a child’s seat?
The bike is not designed with the provision to for an extra seat. However, the area accommodating the mesh basket at the rear can easily accommodate a seat.
In summary, tricycles are a fun and highly functional mode of transportation that is ideal for anyone. There isn’t a highly functional single-speed tricycle that you will find better than the Schwinn Meridian Adult 26” 3-Wheel bike. Great thing is that you can hop on one of these and get going without having to worry about licenses, insurance or tax problems. The low-maintenance trike is what you need to help you get up-and-about while doing your chores.